Summer Horan, Multimedia Journalist
Hello and thank you for checking out my page!
Where am I from? I am a proud local! I grew up in Granger, Indiana. As I attended Indiana University Bloomington, this turned into “I am from South Bend.” On vacations I pull the old “Notre Dame area.” Basically, I know this area, it is part of me, and I am passionate about its community.
I am an up-and-coming multimedia journalist and joined the ABC57 News team in August of 2019. This is my first job outside of graduating college and I could not be more excited to start here, in my own backyard!
I am a proud alumna of Indiana University’s Media School. In May of 2019 I graduated with a Journalism degree and specializations in News Reporting and Editing, along with a minor in Sociology-- I will forever love my Indiana Home.
Not only do I bleed cream and crimson, but Irish blue and gold run through my veins. I was born and raised right here in Michiana and went to Christ the King and Saint Joseph High School. Like my name suggests, I love sunshine and heat along with all things water.
Outside of work-- I love going on drives, visiting our beautiful northern neighbor Michigan, spending time with my big, amazing family, and all things cheetah print.
Now that you know about me, I want to learn more about you! I learned that journalism was for me when I realized that it is the perfect sphere to meet and learn people’s stories. It matters to me what stories I work on and I want them to be things that you care about!
So if you want to talk, say hello, or share a story, please reach out to me! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/message me at (574) 440-4926.
Articles by Summer Horan
- Car hits teen in backyard
- Students sent home with warm winter gear
- Preparing for bitter blast
- Solutions sought for "devil's backbone"
- Two stores broken into by wild deer
- Three injured in shooting on W. Humboldt St.
- Niles high school celebrates pink night
- Man's last wish to play instrument granted
- CMHU investigating police-involved shooting following pursuit
- One injured during shooting at Elkhart bar
- Suspect killed in police-involved shooting identified as Three Rivers man
- Pharmacies running low on flu shots
- Officials pass 2020 city budget
- Hoosier dies from EEE virus Saturday
- Hoosier dies from triple EEE virus
- South Bend hit-and-run victim was a Notre Dame graduate
- Oscar Orozco sentenced to 50 years in murder of Benito Bueno
- City council reverses recreational marijuana decision
- Group says county hiding info about investment
- Monument honoring vietnam vets unveiled
- Will robots take over our jobs?
- Cleanup continues after severe weather
- Combating synthetic drug use in michiana
- Bees roles in pumpkin growth
- Widespread damage after storms roll through Michiana
- College application fees waived
- Hear a survivor from human trafficking's story
- Local voters and lawmakers react to impeachment inquiry
- Gun violence in South Bend
- Investigation into deadly shooting at gas station
- Student charged for having gun on school property
- Effort to have all remains returned to their mothers
- Family looking for answers one year after Danielle Robinson's death
- Paying tribute to vietnam memorial
- New push to fight synthetic marijuana
- Orozco guilty in murder of Benito Bueno in June 2017
- Michiana remembers 9/11
- RV company looks towards future
- Family remembering college student found dead
- Police searching for inmate who walked away from work release crew in Goshen
- Indeck Niles energy center groundbreaking
- Deputies release name of man found deceased on McKenna Road
- RV company using diversity to thrive
- Mail service change leads to returns
- Deadly mosquito virus spreads to Michiana
- Police looking into multiple reports of indecent exposure
- Man mowing lawns to spread kindness
- Neighbors react after teen was shot in the chest
- Activists pushing for resignation of Chief Scott Ruszkowski
- County warns of marijuana dangers
- New hydroelectric plant groundbreaking
- More victims share stories on car arsons
- Woman shot in her home
- Con artist poses as real catholic priest
- Prostesters pleading to stop enterprise center