Summer Horan, Morning anchor
Hello and thank you for checking out my page!
Where am I from? I am a proud local! I grew up in Granger, Indiana. As I attended Indiana University Bloomington, this turned into “I am from South Bend.” On vacations I pull the old “Notre Dame area.” Basically, I know this area, it is part of me, and I am passionate about its community.
I am an up-and-coming multimedia journalist and joined the ABC57 News team in August of 2019. This is my first job outside of graduating college and I could not be more excited to start here, in my own backyard!
I am a proud alumna of Indiana University’s Media School. In May of 2019 I graduated with a Journalism degree and specializations in News Reporting and Editing, along with a minor in Sociology-- I will forever love my Indiana Home.
Not only do I bleed cream and crimson, but Irish blue and gold run through my veins. I was born and raised right here in Michiana and went to Christ the King and Saint Joseph High School. Like my name suggests, I love sunshine and heat along with all things water.
Outside of work-- I love going on drives, visiting our beautiful northern neighbor Michigan, spending time with my big, amazing family, and all things cheetah print.
Now that you know about me, I want to learn more about you! I learned that journalism was for me when I realized that it is the perfect sphere to meet and learn people’s stories. It matters to me what stories I work on and I want them to be things that you care about!
So if you want to talk, say hello, or share a story, please reach out to me! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/message me at (574) 440-4926.
Articles by Summer Horan
- The Learning Curve: summer school plans at Wawasee Community Schools
- The Learning Curve: Coloma looks ahead to a new school year
- The Learning Curve: Penn parties at prom 2022
- The Learning Curve: Bowen Mental Health Center aides in anti-bullying advocacy efforts at Argos Community Schools
- The Learning Curve: Argos students discuss bullying, counselor provides protocol
- Michiana angel mom advocates for an end to gun violence through plays and soul boxes
- The Learning Curve: addressing the anonymous, online foe cyberbullying
- The Learning Curve: a father-son educating duo planting roots in Michiana schools
- The Learning Curve: Milken Foundation surprises local educator with national award
- The Learning Curve: Knox Community Schools 2 years later
- The Learning Curve: how difficult topics are discussed in the classroom at Bremen High School
- The Learning Curve: the literal food fight to keep students fed
- The Learning Curve: USDA changes nutritional guidelines for school meals
- Holiday Heroes: Hope Mommies group helping families cope with grief
- Fan catches two home run balls during first South Bend Cubs opener
- Notre Dame Fan Cave: Inabnit father-daughter duo are more than super fans
- Summer's Spotlight: Preparing recipes for National Grilled Cheese day
- Summer's Spotlight: Macri's Italian Bakery preparing for Easter rush
- Summer's Spotlight: 2021 Egg Stravaganza Celebration preview
- Getting creative at local art studio
- Michiana United: Positives amid the pandemic
- Checking in with 100-year-old Holocaust survivor
- Drizly taking delivery up a notch
- Staying safe on snowmobiles
- Made in Michiana: Better World Books
- Summer's Spotlight: Salad robot, snow fun, welcoming Sterling Skye to the world!
- Summer's Spotlight: Newest ice cream shop to Michiana circuit, Vanilla Bean Creamery
- Summer's Spotlight: Tik Tok Feta Pasta/Tortilla Hack
- Summer's Spotlight: Last minute Valentine's Day gifts and movie premieres
- Made in Michiana: NS Cosmetics
- National Blood Donation Month
- Local warming centers in need
- COVID-19 concerns amid the new year
- Multiple people injured in early morning shooting in South Bend
- Made in Michiana: Cotton Gin Smokers
- Made in Michiana: Bolt Laserworks
- Made in Michiana: grocery cart cleaning system that keeps you safe
- Made in Michiana: Edward & Co.
- Police responding to shooting in Niles
- Grant to create domestic violence support team in SJCPD
- Screening blood donations for COVID-19 antibodies
- Lerner Theatre reopening Thursday with "The Sound of Music"
- Young girl creates benches aimed at helping build friendships
- Free photo sessions for couples
- The History of Labor Day
- Made in Michiana: Kem Shield
- Made in Michiana: Website gathers reviews on how restaurants follow COVID protocols
- Picture Perfect Pekingese
- It’s National Tequila day: history and tips for mixing drinks
- 9-year-olds hosting food drive this week
- Local library lending more than books
- Protecting your skin during summer activities
- Million dollar project transforms local park
- Getting the buzz out: helping the bee population
- Habitat for Humanity Women Build project underway
- The future of COVID-19 testing
- Local barbershop celebrating 60th anniversary
- Firework safety demonstrations and tips for Fourth of July
- Checking your AC units during hot weather
- Local girl selling positivity notes for charity
- Agriculture expert says to be on the lookout for baby animals
- Local junior golf tour begins first round today
- Potawatomi Zoo reopening this weekend
- Library dedicating book to newborn babies
- RV delivery drivers in high demand
- Local businesses team up to help each other re-open
- Protesters attempting to stop raise in SBPD salaries
- Restaurants re-opening in Michigan
- Jack's Donuts opens at The Mill
- Elkhart county fair opens 4-h fair sign for messages
- Polling centers take extra measures to keep voters safe
- Protesters march through Michigan City peacefully
- Local project helping neighborhood bloom
- Local food pantry receives needed financial donation
- Company making shields for medical professionals
- Made in Michiana: Local seamstress making face masks for essential workers
- VRcade donating hand sanitizers to front line workers
- 4-H Fairgrounds renting space for business meetings
- Made in Michiana: Businesses team up to make PPE for first responders
- Making wish lists come true