City of Elkhart announces spring leaf pickup schedule
Maps from the City of ElkhartZones C and D
Maps from the City of Elkhart
The pickup will begin on Monday, March 25 and end on Friday, April 12.
The Elkhart Street Department will split the city into zones for pickup:
- Zone A and Zone B are neighborhoods north of the St. Joseph River
- Pickup is from Monday, March 25 to Friday, March 29
- Zones C and D are neighborhoods south of the St. Joseph River
- Pickup is from Monday, April 1 to Friday, April 5
- All zones will then have a final pickup from Monday, April 8 to Friday, April 12.
Those participating in the leaf pickup are asked to put leaves next to the curb, not in the street.
Tree limbs, trash, rocks, and bricks should not be in the leaf piles for pickup.
Branches and limbs should be put in a separate pile.
The City is also asking that garden waste, like flowers or vegetables, be placed on top of the leaf piles and not mixed in.
If citizens are unable to participate in the pickup during the set times, they are encouraged to call the Street Department at 574-293-5518 to schedule a different pickup time.