Third Annual Berrien Springs Pickle Festival preview weekend and auxiliary events announced
BERRIEN SPRINGS, Mich. – The Village of Berrien Springs, Berrien County Historical Association, and the Berrien Springs Community Library are excited to share the official line up for the Berrien Springs Pickle Festival Preview Weekend in June.
Friday, June 16 - Berrien Springs/Eau Claire Rotary Club Golf Outing at Pipestone Creek Golf Course.
- Cost is $65 per person, or $250 for a foursome and includes 18 holes with a cart, donuts and coffee, a box lunch, snacks, water, awards, and prizes!
- Golfer registration begins at 8:00 a.m. with the outing officially kicking off at 9:00 a.m. For more information or to register a team, contact a Rotary Club Member or call Judy at 269-757-3091.
Saturday, June 17 - Official 2023 Pickle Festival Royalty coronation ceremony will take place at The History Center at Courthouse Square at 6:00 p.m. where a new Miss, Princess, and Prince will be crowned.
- Pageant registration is open and will be available on the Berrien County Historical Association’s website berrienhistory.org under programs through Saturday, June 10.
- For more information about the pageant, including contestant requirements, please email Rhiannon Cizon at [email protected]
- Additionally, at the Royalty coronation ceremony, the 2023 Grand Dillmeister will be announced.
- Nominees are from the Berrien Springs, Berrien Center, and Oronoko Township communities and serve as one of the faces of the festival.
- Voting for the 2023 Grand Dillmeister will begin on Tuesday, May 30th.
- For additional information on the Grand Dillmeister, email Kelly Ewalt at [email protected]
Sunday, June 18 - Runners, walkers, and joggers will head to the Andrews University campus for the return of the In a Pickle 5K Run and Walk.
- Early bird registration is now open at runsignup.com.
- All registrations receive a t-shirt and a finisher’s medal.
- Questions regarding the 5K should be directed to Kelly Ewalt at the Berrien Springs Village Hall.
- Pre-registration ends on June 16th, with day of registration available.
- Registration can be found directly at: www.runsignup.com/Race/MI/BerrienSprings/InaPickle5K.
Sunday, June 25 - The Berrien Springs High School Varsity Tennis Programs will host a Pickleball Tournament as part of the auxiliary festival events, at 3:00 p.m. at the High School Courts, with proceeds benefiting the boys & girls tennis programs.
- Cost is $30 per team with a four-match guaranteed.
- Pre-registration information can be found at the Berrien Springs Pickle Festival Facebook page and is encouraged, day of registration will be available an hour before the tournament begins.
- For additional questions contact tennis coach Brian Shembarger 269-815-2033.
June 26 to July 1 -The Pickle Fest Scavenger Hunt wraps up the final auxiliary activity before the 2023 Festival takes place.
- All week, pickle fans are invited to visit participating businesses to search for a series of hidden pickle logos.
- Participants can pick up their scavenger hunt sheet at the Berrien Springs Village Hall, the History Center at Courthouse Square, the Journal Era, and the Berrien Springs Community Library starting June 20.
- Completed forms must be returned to any of those three locations by 4:00 p.m. Saturday, July 1.
- All completed and correct forms will be entered to win a special Pickle Festival prize and will be announced during the Pickle Festival.
July 4 - The Third Annual Pickle Festival will be held at the History Center at Courthouse Square and the Berrien Springs Community Library in Berrien Springs beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- This year’s event will see the return of Vendor Alley, the Pickle Fling, the Big Wheel races, old fashioned pickle games, the pickle decorating contest, and the Pickled Piper Tasting Room.
- New this year will be a sweet relish eating contest and a dunk tank with proceeds going to Backpacks 4 Berrien.
The schedule of events and further details will be made available at the beginning of June.
For additional details, including an updated schedule of events visit the Berrien Springs Pickle Festival’s Facebook page and the BCHA website.