Election Day: What you need to know

Here are a few things you'll need to know for the primary Election in Michigan on August 2, 2022

State races include Governor; state representatives in districts 36, 37, 38 and 39; state senators in districts 17 and 20.

In Berrien County, there are multiple races on the ballot including county commissioners; treasurers, trustees and supervisors in several townships. There are 18 townships with millage proposals on the ballot. Three townships have school millage proposals. [More info on proposals]

In Cass County, the races on the ballot include Cass County Commissioner; LaGrange Township Clerk; Newberg Township Trustee and Supervisor; and Silver Creek Township Trustee and Supervisor. Proposals on the ballot include three school proposals, ambulance service, library and central 911 dispatch proposals. [More info on proposals]

In St. Joseph County, races on the ballot include St. Joseph County Commissioner, White Pigeon Township Clerk, White Pigeon Township Trustee and Constantine Township Clerk. Proposals include transportation authority millage, library, sinking fund, fire protection, ambulance services and police protection. [More info on proposals]

In Van Buren County, races on the ballot include township clerks and treasurers, as well as Van Buren County Commissioners. There are multiple millage renewal proposals for senior services and township operating millages. [More info on proposals]


Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The Michigan Voter Information Center has information about your voter registration, your polling location, a sample ballot and other valuable information.

Every Michigan voter must comply with the ID requirement by showing picture identification or signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification. Voters can satisfy the ID requirement by showing a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan personal identification card. Voters who do not possess either document may show any of the following forms of picture ID as long as it is current:

  • Driver’s license or personal ID card issued by another state.
  • Federal or state government-issued photo ID.
  • U.S. passport.
  • Military identification card with photo.
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
  • Tribal identification card with photo.

Click here for more information on the identification requirements

If you have issues voting, please call the Michigan Bureau of Elections at 800-292-5973.

Share this article: