ISP seeks recruits for Motor Carrier Inspectors
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The Indiana State Police is accepting applications for Motor Carrier Inspectors (MCI). These are for positions in Lowell, West Harrison, Terre Haute, Richmond and Seymour.
To apply, requirements include:
- United States citizenship
- at least 21 years of age by September 30, 2022
- possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- possess a valid driver’s license
- required to pass a physical agility test, oral interview, polygraph exam and background check
- required to complete a medical exam, psychological exam and drug test
- Geographical proximity to the scale facility may be a factor in the selection process
Training is to be conducted at the Motor Carrier Inspector School from July 25 through September 30. Sessions will be held from Monday to Friday at the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division in Indianapolis.
Trainees are compensated and housed during this period. The starting salary is $36,124, which will increase to $37,702 at the end of the first year of employment.
To apply for the position, you can visit the Indiana State Police website. These applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May 18 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information about the Motor Carrier Inspector position, you can visit the ISP’s Career Opportunities page or contact recruiting Sergeant Kocsis directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.