Experts don't anticipate economic blow from Notre Dame loss
-
2:00
Notre Dame women’s basketball now hold 14-0 record over Wake...
-
2:42
Free summer camp aims to prepare Elkhart County kids for kindergarten...
-
1:07
Solutions discussed for dangerous section of US-31
-
1:58
Chicago Bears weighing move to Hammond
-
2:50
The prevalence of paid plasma donation centers
-
3:34
ABC57 News looks into resident complaints of a “blackout“...
-
6:20
Storage Sticker Shock: How A.I. Data centers are driving up the...
-
1:27
More storms possible this evening, snowy and windy Friday
-
1:44
Warm and quiet today, stormy tonight
-
4:06
Residents of St. Joseph County share concerns during Data Center...
-
1:09
Indiana State Treasurer visits South Bend
-
1:54
Local churches gather for annual Supermarket Sweep donation event
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Despite the 27-24 loss to Miami on Sunday, experts believe the financial impact of a Notre Dame home game won't be diminished whatsoever in 2025-2026.
Last year, Notre Dame home games brought in $36 million to the region through an uptick from hotels, restaurants, bars and entertainment.
Jeff Jarnecke, Executive Director of Visit South Bend Mishawaka, says hotel occupancy is up 22% year-over-year in St. Joseph County, and one loss isn't expected to have a major impact on game attendance.
Bar owners in the area agree; Jeff Morauski, co-owner of Taphouse on the Edge, says this past weekend saw its typical rise in customers, even during an away game.
Restaurants and bars alike are gearing up fast for the home-opener on Saturday, September 13th against Texas A&M.
Check out ABC57 Kickoff prior to the game for exclusive Irish content you'll only find on ABC57 News.