Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Cooking incident leads to fire at South Bend home

SOUTH BEND, Ind.—A cooking incident involving a pan of ignited oil accidentally caused a fire at a South Bend home on April 5, according to the South Bend Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to a structure fire on April 5 around 9:48 p.m. in the 1300 block of N. Olive St.

Engine 7 arrived at the scene and found a single-story home with a working fire. Smoke was visible from the front entry door and the home’s occupants were standing outside.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, where it originated. It was brought under control by 9:56 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

The occupants were assisted by the Red Cross due to the amount of smoke damage.

Officials determined that the fire was accidentally caused by a cooking incident involving a pan of ignited oil on a range.

The home sustained around $15,000 worth of damage.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?