Utility worker electrocuted while working on power lines
CASS COUNTY, Mich. -- A Michigan City man who was working at an AEP substation was electrocuted Friday morning, according to the Cass County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the 2700 block of White Street around 11:30 a.m. where an AEP substation is under construction.
A worker, 53-year-old Steven Smith, was electrocuted while working on the overhead power lines.
First aid was administered, but he succumbed to his injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.