South Shore Line announces November 2021 holiday services
The South Shore Line has announced its train service schedule for November 2021.
A number of events are happening in Chicago this holiday season, including the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, and the German Christkindlmarket in Daley Plaza.
Holiday train schedule:
- November 24: A weekday schedule will be used.
- November 25 (Thanksgiving Day): A weekend/holiday schedule will be in effect. Free weekday eastbound rides will be offered on this day.
- November 26 (Black Friday): A weekday schedule will be used.
Extra eastbound service:
- November 20 (Magnificent Mile Lights Festival): An extra EB Train will leave Millennium Station at 8:30 p.m., run nonstop to Hegewisch, and make all local stops up to Carroll Avenue in Michigan City.
- November 27: An extra EB Train will leave Millennium Station at 4:25 p.m., run nonstop to Hegewisch, and make all local stops up to Michigan City.
These trains will not serve Hudson Lake or South Bend.
Ticket office schedule:
- November 20-24: All ticket offices will operate with normal hours.
- November 25: All ticket offices will be closed except for Millennium Station.
- November 26: Millennium Station’s ticket office will be open from 9:05 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Carroll Avenue’s ticket office will be open from 8:05 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. South Bend’s ticket office will be open from 5:35 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET.
- November 27-28: All ticket offices will operate with normal hours.
If any ticket office is closed, tickets can be purchased from ticket vending machines, the South Shore mobile app, or onboard the train 9cash only).