South Bend’s new lamppost lighting program
By: Meaghan Godzsiz
Posted: May 23, 2023 6:43 PM EDT
Community Baby Shower for new and expecting mothers to happen...
Salvation Army Donut Day in Michigan City
Hot and sunny Friday; isolated shower or storm possible Saturday
Purdue’s Panther Pride
Mother-daughter duo ’Ready for It’ ahead of Taylor Swift...
Riley seniors pull off senior prank against principal
Donations needed to repair humane society HVAC unit
More sunshine and 90s ahead
River Montessori High School in South Bend
Hot weather continues as we start June
Small community in shock after former police chief’s arrest
Indiana State Police honor fallen officers
SOUTH BEND, Ind. - South Bend is currently working on installing more lampposts within the city.
The city is launching a new lamppost lighting program which allows homeowners to split the cost of lampposts that are provided to them by the city.
South Bend is currently focusing on two target areas. Residents in this area would pay about 10 percent, while the city would cover the other 90 percent.
Residents that live outside of this area would pay 50 percent of the cost.
The City of South Bend hopes that this project will make residents feel safer.