Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Roxie’s Manhattan Bar and Grill in Mishawaka severely damaged in fire

NOW: Roxie’s Manhattan Bar and Grill in Mishawaka severely damaged in fire

MISHAWAKA, Ind. -- Roxie’s Manhattan Bar and Grill caught fire on Tuesday morning.

Firefighters who responded to the scene said the damage was caused by an electrical fire.

According to neighbors, the owner Kimberly Greene Whaley, said that the bar and grill is a total loss.

No injuries were reported but the inside of the bar was apparently gutted due to the damage.

Neighbor Marg Derankek said she’s hoping to start a fundraising campaign to bring the bar back to life.

"They know where it is. You can mention it even in South Bend and people go oh yeah I know where Roxie's is. You know it's been a part of the community for at least 40 years that I can remember," Derankek said.

Whaley took over the business when her mother Roxie passed.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?