Two strangers at hospital with gunshot wounds after being at same local park
-
3:01
Michigan City Chief of Police talks updates to Flock Security...
-
2:59
South Bend receives federal grant to bring Amtrak downtown
-
2:54
Mayor Mueller opens media availability to address LaSalle Park...
-
2:29
Congressional candidate Jamee Decio sits down with ABC57
-
4:41
Lawsuits show South Bend landlord violations go months, years...
-
0:35
15-year-old identified as drowning victim; body was pulled from...
-
2:48
Benton Harbor riverfront redevelopment plan nears final draft...
-
1:08
Elkhart City council unanimously advances a temporary moratorium
-
2:33
Groups descend on Northwest Indiana to help with storm cleanup
-
3:01
Geothermal plant on Notre Dame’s campus introduces energy efficient...
-
2:52
Elkhart city council to consider data center proposal moratorium
-
3:01
Michiana counties continue storm cleanup efforts with federal...
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Just before 4 a.m. on Saturday, the South Bend Police Department responded to Memorial Hospital on reports of two victims suffering non-life-threatening injuries from gunshot wounds.
"The victims, ages 21 and 17, reported they had been in the area of Keller Park when they sustained their injuries," the SBPD said.
"The two victims were not at the park together and arrived at the hospital separately."
Authorities say they also responded to the area of Keller Park for reports of shots fired, and as they arrived, multiple vehicles/people were leaving the area.
"Multiple casings and items of evidence were recovered at the scene," SBPD said.
"This remains an active and ongoing investigation by our Violent Crimes Unit. Anyone who may have been at the park Saturday night/Sunday morning is asked to contact the South Bend Police Department Detective Bureau at 574-235-9263 or submit anonymous tips through Michiana Crime Stoppers by calling 574-288-STOP or at www.p3tips.com/203."