Garage fire in Elkhart County determined as accidental

ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. – The Elkhart County Fire Department has determined that a garage fire on the 3700 block of Augusta Lane was accidental.

The fire department responded to the fire around 6:16 pm on Friday. When they arrived, they found black smoke coming from around the garage doors.

Crew entered the garage through a connected breezeway in the house. As crews entered, they found a lot of smoke and felt high heat, but did not find any flames.

Crews began ventilating the house and garage.

According to the report, a small portable air compressor was left in the “on” position and appeared to overheat, causing combustibles around the compressor to set on fire after the occupants left the residence.

No one was in the house at the time of the fire. About $25,000 of damage caused due to the fire.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?