Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fatal residential fire in Culver

MARSHALL COUNTY, Ind. – Culver Fire and EMS responded to a 911 report of a residential fire after 3:00 pm Friday on 19b Road southwest of Culver.

Upon their arrival, responders found Allen E. Jones, 67, dead from severe thermal burns and probable carbon monoxide poisoning.

Culver Fire quickly managed the fire and remained on scene several hours assisting the State Fire Marshall’s Investigator to determine the origin of the fire.

It appears that Jones was smoking with medical oxygen on while in his hospital bed, increasing the chance of a fire in the proximity, according to investigators.

An autopsy is scheduled for Jones on Monday by Marshall County Coroner John Grolich.

This fire remains under investigation.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?