WEB EXTRA: Jeremy Cuellar confesses to Tyrone Hassel Jr
Jeremy Cuellar, who was convicted of killing Tyrone Hassel III on New Year's Eve 2018, agreed to plead guilty to the murder charge - if he could speak with Hassel's father.
Several days after his conviction, Tyrone Hassel Jr visited Cuellar in jail.
During the conversation, Cuellar confessed to the murder and apologized to the victim's father.
- Watch our half hour special: Love.Honor.Betrayal: The murder of Tyrone Hassel III
- Listen to Kemia Hassel’s 9-1-1 call
- View crime scene photos and read the soldier statements, police reports and confessions
- View the body cam footage from the night of the murder.
- Read all of our past stories about the Tyrone Hassel III’s murder.