State Police introduce new recruiting campaign in Southwest Michigan
Michigan State Police are introducing a new recruiting campaign in Southwest Michigan to attract applicants to work for the force.
The "Live Local, Serve Local" campaign emphasizes the fact that applicants don't have to relocated to serve as a Michigan State Trooper, according to Captain Michael Brown.
"This is where our tagline ‘Live Local, Serve Local’ comes from," said Brown. "We want the men and women of this region to know they can join our department and make a difference right in their own hometown."
As part of the campaign, Southwest Michigan residents will start seeing billboards displaying the "Live Local, Serve Local" tagline.
Nine billboards can be found at the following locations:
- M-139 and Nickerson Ave - Benton Harbor
- M-51 and Pokagon - Dowagiac
- Dickman Rd and 24th St - Battle Creek
- M-43 and M-40 - Gobles
- M-43 and M-37 - Hastings
- US-12 and Batavia Rd - Coldwater
- US-131 and VW Ave - Schoolcraft
- Red Arrow Hwy and 39th St - Paw Paw
- M-89 and Jefferson St - Otsego
Five of the nine billboards are already up, with the rest coming in May and June.
MSP hopes to display each billboard for up to a full year.