South Bend International Airport receiving $13M grant for new taxiway
The government is awarding a total of $1.2 billion to airports throughout the nation.
“This $1.2 billion federal investment will improve our nation’s airport infrastructure, enhance safety, and strengthen growth in local communities, which is especially important as the economy recovers from COVID-19,” said U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao.
The Department is awarding federal grants to the following airports in Michiana
- $316,666 to LaPorte Municipal to update the airport’s master plan.
- $736,775 to Michigan City Municipal-Phillips Field to purchase land.
- $167,340 to Fulton County Airport to update signage, navigational aids, lighting and beacons.
- $13,319,538 to South Bend International Airport to rebuild a taxiway.
- $1,927,524 to Warsaw Municipal Airport to rehabilitate a runway.