LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office increasing patrols during homecoming season
LAPORTE COUNTY, Ind. – The LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office will increase their patrols starting this weekend as homecoming season begins across the county.
During this four-week period, the Sheriff’s Office will increase the presence of deputies and enforcement throughout the county to keep students and motorists safe.
The Sheriff’s Office is offering the following tips to parents and guardians to help ensure a safe 2021 homecoming season:
- Get informed – Find out the details from your children and school about homecoming festivities. Ask questions such as “who, what, where and when.”
- Help your children come up with a plan - Find out what events your child will attend and track them. Find out who your child will be with and who is driving.
- Remind your child of your expectations – No illegal activity, such as alcohol or drug use, vandalism, unsafe driving, and curfew.
- Have a “Fail Safe” plan – Let your children know that if they find themselves in a dangerous situation, they can call for a ride or help with no questions asked.
- Get in touch with other parents – Talk to the parents of the children that your child will be with to ensure that you are all on the same plan and are mutually looking out for them.
- Check in with your child – Reach out to your child during their activities to see how they are doing and if they need anything.