Crews put out fire at Granger Goodwill
GRANGER, Ind.- Clay Fire Department responded to a call at the Granger Goodwill at 6:28 p.m. on Wednesday night.
The fire started in a trash compactor.
Though the crews put out the flames quickly, the store was evacuated.
Clay Fire Battalion Cheif Anthony Van Es said, "we had smoke coming from the compactor. We got here there was a little bit of smoke in the building. We evacuated everybody as a precaution. We found a small fire in the compactor we were able to extinguish most of. However, we are waiting for the public service trash company to come out and pull their bin away."
No injuries were reported.
The fire is still under investigation.