PHOTOS: Power outages, road closures due to severe weather
There are reports of power outages and road closures due to the storm that rolled through Michiana Monday evening.
- Power line across driveway in 53000 block of Bittersweet(St. Joseph County Indiana)
- Power line down at Pennyroyal and Bellflower (St. Joseph County Indiana)
- Tree down into power lines in 58000 block of Heather Pointe (St. Joseph County Indiana)
- Riverside and Hill in Dowagiac is shut down due to a tree and power lines down
- Northbound and southbound lanes of M63 are shut down at Central Avenue due to downed power lines in Berrien County.
- Trees down on M40 between Jones and Marcellus making the roadway "impassable"
- Power line down on US 12 near Edwardsburg
- Tree down at Bittersweet/Anchor Drive in St. Joseph County Indiana
- Marcellus Area Emergency Services Association posted the following on Facebook:
The following roads are impassable: Marcellus highway between Finch and Lawrence. Fence Road north and south. Steininger Road, County Line road, Pioneer west of M40, Waterstradt, Brody Street. It will likely take several days for these roads to be opened up due to the size of the trees and the amount of powerlines we advise everybody who can to stay home while this gets cleaned up we appreciate your cooperation
Power outages as of 11 a.m. Tuesday
- Indiana Michigan Power outages:
- St. Joseph County, Indiana 352 (estimated restoration time 6 p.m. Tuesday)
- Elkhart County 191 (estimated restoration time 6 p.m. Tuesday)
- Berrien County 2660 (estimated restoration time 8 p.m. Wednesday)
- Cass County 2,019
- St. Joseph County, Michigan 4,680 (estimated restoration time 11 p.m. Wednesday)
- Van Buren County 3,108
- There are nearly 7,000 customers without power in southwest Michigan, according to Midwest Energy
- Multiple trees down and hail reported in Decatur
- Hail reported in Stevensville at 8:25 p.m.
- Gust of 66 mph in Three Rivers at 8:38 p.m.
- Large tree limb on Bent Road in Howardsville in S. Joseph County Michigan
- 70 – 75 mph wind gusts reported near White Pigeon at 8:11 p.m.