Gary vaccination clinic hosts walk-in days April 11-12
GARY, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Health is hosting two walk-in appointment days at its COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic at the former Roosevelt High School in Gary.
The clinic will be open for walk-in appointments from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. CDT on Sunday, April 11 and Monday, April 12.
Free transportation is available to and from the site through the Gary Public Transportation Corporation and through a partnership between IU Health and Lyft.
Language interpretation and support for guests with disabilities, vision or hearing impairments are available onsite.
Additional facts about the walk-in days include:
- The vaccines are free but insurance information is requested if you have it in case an administration fee is charged
- This clinic is offering the Pfizer vaccine, so a second dose is necessary and can be scheduled at the time of the first dose
- On April 12, you can get free fare on Gary Public Transportation by telling the driver you’re coming from or going to a vaccine appointment. On all other days (Monday through Saturday), ride free to and from the clinic by showing the driver proof of your appointment and your vaccination card on the way home.
- Schedule a free LYFT ride, Monday through Saturday only, through IU Health by calling 1-888-484-3258 and choose option 9.
- Proof of age is required at the appointment
- Sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker, on any smartphone here after getting the vaccine
You can also make an appointment at this clinic through June 2 by clicking here or calling 211.