Civil discourse forum on gun violence in Benton Harbor Thursday night
BENTON HARBOR, Mich.- The Lake Michigan College (LMC) Honors Program will host the 2023 Civil Discourse Forum on Gun Violence in Fettig Lecture Hall on the Benton Harbor Campus Thursday, April 6.
The forum, offering a deep dive into the societal impact of gun violence, will run from 6-8 p.m.
This event is free and open to the public, both in-person and remotely through Zoom.
"This Civil Discourse Forum is designed to hear from diverse voices about the issues students care about,” Lake Michigan College’s Social Sciences, Humanities, & Education Department Chair Amy Scrima said.
The forum will feature five different panelists:
- Dr. Sonali Rajan, associate professor of Health and Behavior Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University
- State Rep. Joey Andrews, representing Benton Harbor's district
- Ken Peterson, retired U.S. Army officer and hospital administrator
- Adrianna Retberg, Emergency Department Nurse
- Karlye Visel, Emergency Department Nurse
Students from LMC have an opportunity to earn extra credit.
Snacks and drinks will be available as well.
For questions and/or more information, email [email protected] or call 269-927-8777.
Fettig Lecture Hall is in Room D-105 in the Main Building (D Wing) on the LMC Benton Harbor Campus, located at 2755 E Napier Ave in Benton Harbor.