Arens Field in Winamac receives grant from US Department of Transportation
The US Department of Transportation announced Wednesday that seven Indiana airports have received airport safety and infrastructure grants.
The Indiana airports received a total of $2.26 million in grants.
The government awarded $520.5 million to airports across the country.
“This $520.5 million in federal support to airports across the country will help to keep our nation’s airports in good shape and make air travel a better experience for passengers,” said U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.
The grants to 7 airports in Indiana and one in Michigan include the following:
- $373,950 to Arens Field in Winamac for runway lighting work.
- $374,738 to Peru Municipal Airport for runway lighting work.
- $64,447 to Putnam County Regional Airport in Greencastle for apron reconstruction.
- $300,000 to Logansport/Cass County Airport to update the Airport Master Plan.
- $150,000 to Marion Municipal Airport to modify a snow removal equipment building.
- $423,045 to Richmond Municipal Airport for taxiway rehabilitation.
- $573,000 to Wabash Municipal Airport for taxiway rehabilitation.
- $400,500 to Sawyer International Airport (Michigan) in for various improvements, seal taxiway