2019 All-Star Game three-day festivities schedule released
SOUTH BEND, Ind.—The South Bend Cubs on Thursday released the schedule of events for the three days of activities surrounding the 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game.
This is the first time in 30 years that South Bend is hosting the game.
The three-day schedule of events is as follows:
Friday, June 14
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.Stage Build
- The biggest stage ever built at Four Winds Field (50’ x 100‘) will be installed in the outfield, in anticipation of Sunday’s concert featuring global superstar Pitbull
Sunday, June 16
Gates open at 6 p.m., music begins at 7:30: Pitbull Concert
- The kick-off to the Midwest League All-Star Festivities begins with a special performance by GRAMMY award-winning artist Pitbull with special guests the Ying Yang Twins and Leah Jenea.
Monday, June 17
10:30 a.m. Street Renaming
- The City of South Bend will temporarily rename Michigan Street to All-Star Drive at the intersection of Michigan Street and Washington Street to celebrate the 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game & Festivities.
5:30 p.m. Gates Open for Fan Fest & Home Run Derby
- Fan Fest at Four Winds Field will feature a home run derby with the top hitters in the Midwest League, an autograph session with several former Chicago Cubs players along with the 2019 Midwest League All-Star players. In addition, other family friendly activities include the Splash Pad, Toyota Fun Zone, catch on the field and running of the bases. The Home Run Derby begins at 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 18
11:30 a.m. All-Star Luncheon
- Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg will headline an All-Star Luncheon at the Century Center in downtown South Bend, with proceeds benefiting Beacon Children’s Hospital.
5:30 p.m. Gates Open; 7:35 p.m. First Pitch, All-Star Game
- The main event, the 55th annual Midwest League All-Star Game presented by Four Winds Casinos