Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Breaking News

One injured in propane explosion

CASS COUNTY, Mich. – Cass County Deputies responded to a propane tank explosion on early Sunday morning.

The explosion occurred at the Bair Lake Bible Camp in Jones, Mich. around 9:20 a.m.

Facilities manager David Stiles, 44, was reportedly doing maintenance on the propane tank when it exploded.

The explosion caused a nearby cabin to catch fire and it was extinguished by the Newberg Township Fire Department.

Stiles was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital.

The incident is under investigation.

Cass County Sheriff's Office wants to remind everyone using propane tanks to use caution.

Propane is very easily ignited and can cause severe injuries.

If you hear or smell (rotten egg smell) propane, leave the area and contact emergency services immediately.

Share this article: