Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Breaking News

Man severely burned in house fire in Milton Township

MILTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A man was severely burned after a home explosion caused his home to be fully engulfed in flames Tuesday evening.

According to the Cass County Sheriff's Department, neighbors heard two explosions in the 33000 block of Bertrand Street near Batchelor Drive.

The Tedder's granddaughter, Tiara, said she received a call about the incident.

"It was pretty scary," she said. "Big sparks were flying everywhere, black smoke."

"I thought I'd just lost my grandparents. That's all that matters, that they're okay." added Tiara.

Fire officials say the home is a total loss.

Jerry will be transported to Kalamazoo for further treatment.

The Niles Township Fire Chief spoke with ABC 57 confirming that the fire was not an explosion but a flash fire.

The investigation is ongoing.




Share this article:
Save with