Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Improper disposal of used fireworks cause garage fire in South Bend

NOW: Improper disposal of used fireworks cause garage fire in South Bend

SOUTH BEND, Ind.—The improper disposal of used fireworks caused a garage to set on fire on July 4, according to the South Bend Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 900 block of Sancome Ave. on Thursday just after midnight.

Officials arrived to find heavy fire in and a partial collapse of an unattached garage in the rear of the property. The fire was extinguished quickly.

No injuries were reported.

The fire department says the fire was caused by the improper disposal of used fireworks.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?