Macy's announces 7 additional store closures
(CNN) -- Macy's announced it will cut 5,000 jobs and close 7 more stores in Florida, California, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Vermont.
In August 2016, Macy's announced their intention to close 100 stores. They have revealed 81 of the 100 locations, including those identified on Thursday.
Liquidation sales at the stores are expected to begin on January 8.
The following stores are closing in early 2018:
- Novato (Furniture), Novato, CA
- The Oaks, Gainesville, FL
- Miami (Downtown), Miami, FL
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute, IN
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township, MI
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati, OH
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington, VT
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills, CA *
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA*
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, CA *
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls, ID*
*Previously disclosed closure