Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Building on W. Colfax Ave. evacuated by South Bend Fire Department

NOW: Building on W. Colfax Ave. evacuated by South Bend Fire Department

SOUTH BEND, Ind.—A building on W. Colfax Ave. was evacuated on Tuesday due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The South Bend Fire Department received a call of a possible carbon monoxide leak in the 200 block of W. Colfax Ave. at 7:53 a.m.

People in the building reported that they were feeling light headed.

After arriving at the scene, firefighters say they found a problem with the HVAC system, which was leaking carbon monoxide throughout the building. 

About 10-15 people were evacuated from the building. 

There were no injuries. 

The building is shut down until further notice. 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?