Samantha Johns, Multimedia Journalist
Samantha Johns joined the ABC57 news team in February 2021 as a Multimedia Journalist.
Samantha comes to ABC57 from western Colorado, where she started her journalism career as a Multimedia Journalist/Weekend Weather Anchor at KKCO/KJCT in Grand Junction.
Samantha graduated from Florida International University in May 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing. After completing her undergraduate degree, she obtained a master’s degree in Journalism from Emerson College. During her time at Emerson she was the weather correspondent for Good Morning Emerson and an anchor/reporter for WEBN Entertainment. She was selected to participate in a student run special for New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 where she got to interview designers Nicole Miller and Son Jung Wan.
While living in Boston she interned for both the Ryan Seacrest Foundation at Boston Children’s Hospital and the Forum Network, GBH. She was a promotions assistant for iHeartRadio representing 8 Boston stations, including KISS 108 and loved working behind the scenes during the national Jingle Ball tour.
Born and raised in Miami, Florida she loves to travel, dance, and is always looking for new foods to try. She’s excited to be covering Michiana and learn more about members of the community through her storytelling.
Articles by Samantha Johns
- Judge delays competency hearing for teen suspect
- Local veterans launch project to bring homes for former service members
- 18-year-old facing charges after fleeing from a traffic stop
- Child tax credit payments set to begin in July
- St. Joseph County mask ordinance extended to May 27
- Food banks seeing less need from community
- Study shows 1 in 6 parents allowed teens to drink during pandemic
- Local student wins screenplay competition
- Rally for more green jobs
- Residents give their reasons for getting the shot
- Increasing access to healthcare
- Tri-Way Drive-In Theatre back open for season
- Owner of state theater building ordered to pay fines
- Some dealing with eating disorders after recovering from COVID
- Local churches preparing for Easter services
- Coming together for 8th grader hurt in crash
- Notre Dame plans to vaccinate all students
- Wedding & party venues preparing for bigger crowds
- Mask mandate to become advisory on April 6
- Tracking stimulus payment disbursements
- Leaders share train traffic concerns
- New portable skate park coming this summer
- One killed, one injured after shooting in South Bend
- Community gathers to remember coach and teacher Gregg Smith
- Michiana reflects on past year
- More stimulus money on the way
- Fines dropped for failing to enforce mask ordinance
- More people considering career changes
- Vaccine trials underway in older children
- Students back in the stands for Notre Dame basketball game
- 'Day of Giving' helping people amid the pandemic
- Construction already underway for new giraffe exhibit