Melissa Hudson, Executive Producer - Digital
Melissa got the TV bug while working at the public access station in her high school in Columbus, Indiana many years ago. She was directing live television shows before she could drive.
After high school, she attended Indiana University in Bloomington. While in school she worked at Bloomington Community Access Television where she was a Master Control Operator, then Production Assistant.
As a production assistant, she was part of the crew that covered nearly every government meeting in Monroe County. The best part of the job was learning how government works from the school board, to the solid waste district to the planning commission and city council.
Melissa graduated from IU and earned a full time position at BCAT and was the Programming Director for the government and public access stations.
After seven years at BCAT, Melissa moved to Fort Myers, Florida where she worked in the newsroom at Waterman Broadcasting, which operates NBC2 and ABC7.
She was an Internet News Producer and wrote stories, edited content, created interactive content and live-blogged a double murder trial from gavel to gavel. She won two Edward R. Murrow Awards for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism - Best Website while working at the station.
Melissa moved from Fort Myers to South Bend to be the Director of Online Content for ABC57 and has helped grow the website and social media presence of the station since 2012.
Articles by Melissa Hudson
- Trick or treat times for Halloween 2021
- Niles City Council holding public forum about marijuana facilities downtown
- BMV announces closure of Walkerton branch
- Over a dozen members of motorcycle club charged with racketeering, conspiracy to distribute drugs
- Michiana COVID-19 case count updates
- Whitmer orders state to prep for vaccinating kids ages 5-11
- Michigan removes township clerk from running election next week
- Celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D announces she's closing her shop, moving to Indiana
- Can you help identify John Wayne Gacy's unidentified victims?
- ACLU files lawsuit against Starke County deputy
- Multiple roads in Marshall County closed due to high water
- Twitter suspends Indiana Rep. Jim Banks' official account about transgender officer
- FBI honors local law enforcement who worked Mercedes Lain investigation
- Indiana and Michigan offering booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- Deputies complete death investigation at Weatherstone Village
- 52-year-old man accused of impregnating 13-year-old
- Procession route for Captain Clay Layne released
- Driver injured after SUV collides with tree
- Remains of local sailor killed at Pearl Harbor identified
- 14-year-old arrested in connection with death of 17-year-old
- Thor Industries teams up with Habitat for Humanity to help Elkhart family
- Health officer Gillian Conrad discusses safe water usage during water crisis
- Tradehome Shoes thanks community by making donation to Camp Millhouse
- Man charged with child molesting after calling DCS on himself
- Driver charged with reckless homicide, OWI causing death
- Water main break causes water outage in Benton Harbor
- Victim said she felt intimidated by officer, felt she had to have sex with him
- Police investigating theft of gun, safe from home
- South Bend Police officer placed on unpaid leave after arrest
- Deputies conducting death investigation at Weatherstone Village
- South Bend Police officer accused of child seduction, public nudity, official misconduct
- Warsaw Police captain died early Tuesday
- Magic of Lights holiday light festival begins November 19
- Man found guilty of injuring 19-month-old child
- Mishawka Police identify shooting victim
- Michigan lawmakers advance measure to end 'tampon tax'
- Charges filed against man who allegedly shot Michigan State Trooper
- Parents arraigned in death of 4-year-old Judah Morgan
- Man arrested at Walmart for intimidation, carrying handgun
- Elkhart Police investigating theft of $600K from business
- South Bend Police Chief on shootings: 'Nobody is saying anything but people know'
- 4-year-old forced to stay in basement alone, naked, before his death
- Ex-Michigan Rep. Dale Kildee dies; was in Congress 36 years
- William Shatner, TV's Capt. Kirk, blasts into space
- Several Grissom Middle School students suspended for alleged 'substantive threat'
- Tree falls on home in Buchanan during Monday night's storm
- Michigan provides update on election fraud cases
- Goshen Police investigating theft of $18K worth of appliances
- President Biden nominates Joe Donnelly to be Ambassador to the Holy See
- Notre Dame preparing to take on Virginia Tech
- Cirque Italia's Cirque Alcatraz continues through Sunday
- Two drivers cited for racing on SR 2 at speeds over 100 mph
- Indiana Dunes beaches reopened day after sheen spotted on the water
- Homicide unit provides update in Middlebury man's death
- Crime Stoppers releases surveillance video of shooting in downtown South Bend
- Police release sketch of suspect in assault at Grand Mere State Park
- Shooting on Elwood Avenue and Johnson Street leaves one injured
- South Bend school district bus involved in crash
- Homeowner assaulted after finding burglars inside his home
- 18 ex-NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme
- New Amazon facilities in Elkhart County will employ 1,000
- Man arrested after allegedly breaking into IRS building
- Indiana National Guard Hospital Crisis Response team deployed to Elkhart General
- Box cutter confiscated from student at Grissom Middle School
- Charges filed against mother, mother's boyfriend in shooting that injured 4-year-old
- Family of Rod Bradway donates ballistic vests for Kosciusko County Sheriff's K9s
- Lt. Conway resigns from Elkhart Police Department
- Man who held four people hostage sentenced to 18 years
- Man gets 5 years' probation in threats to Whitmer, Nessel
- Gov. Holcomb names Jamie Woods to fill superior court vacancy
- Police release photo of man who attempted to rob bank
- Health Department finds health code violations at Bendix Restaurant
- Police: 2-foot-long alligator caught on Detroit-area street
- Indiana Department of Health strike team hosting COVID-19 vaccination/testing site
- Gov. Holcomb signs GOP's redistricting plan
- Three Rivers Health joins Beacon Health System
- Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp go down
- ABC57 Friday Night Football: October 1, 2021
- Police identify vehicles involved in gunfire Sunday evening
- NLRB memo: College football players are employees