John Hammersmith, Meteorologist
I grew up in the small town of Greensburg, Indiana where I gained a passion for the weather as a young kid. I was always glued to the window while storms were moving through.
I attended North Decatur high school and was very active in sports and other extracurricular activities.
I later attended Valparaiso University where I majored in Meteorology and minored in Digital Media. I also was the manager for the Valparaiso University baseball team.
I graduated in May of 2018 and accepted a job in Lawton, Oklahoma at KSWO.
In my two years at KSWO I got the opportunity to do a lot of storm chasing and live tornado coverage. I love severe weather, so it was great experience. While in Lawton I even got the chance to ride a bull in the Duncan rodeo!
In my spare time you can always find me out fishing, hunting, riding four-wheelers, checking out the local breweries and restaurants, or spending time with friends and family.
Articles by John Hammersmith
- A cold front arrives Saturday evening, Cooler temperatures next week
- Heat and humidity settle in, Low rain chances this weekend
- Sunshine today and tomorrow, Low rain chances Friday
- Wakarusa storm damage
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms Monday
- Hot and humid tomorrow afternoon, Storm chances return late Sunday night
- Beautiful conditions today, Heat and humidity return Sunday
- Fog over corn fields
- Rain activity will remain in the forecast through Tuesday morning
- Scattered showers tonight, More rain chances heading into next week
- Recap of our July weather
- August Outlook, Averages, and Extremes
- Scattered showers and storms arrive tonight
- Hot and humid conditions tomorrow, Scattered showers and storms Monday
- Summer Heat and History of the Hundreds
- Sunshine and mild temperatures today, Rain chances return Sunday
- Scattered storm chances return on Tuesday
- Isolated storm chances tonight, Hot and humid Sunday