Marshall County flood victims can get their wells tested for free
PLYMOUTH, Ind. -- Residents of Marshall County will soon be able to get their flood affected wells tested for free.
The Marshall County Health Department is extending an offer to all county residents in order to battle possible illness caused by bacteria and viruses spread from flood water.
In a statement the Administrator of the Marshall County Health Department stated, "It is important to remember to disinfect your well if your well has been affected by the recent flooding."
In order to take the proper steps residents are asked to:
- Take on water sample bottle and instruction packet
- Disinfect your well before testing (must be done at least 24 hours prior to testing)
- on March 20th, 2018, bypass any water softener and pull sample in accordance with the water sampling instructions provided by the county
All samples must be dropped off at one of the four sites listed below:
- Health Department 510 W. Adams St. Plymouth, Ind. - 8:00AM-4:00PM 574-935-8598
- Town of Argos Clerk's Office 201 W. Walnut Argos, Ind. 7:30AM-4:00PM
Bremen Town Hall 111 S. Center St. Bremen, Ind. 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Tippecanoe Township Trustee's Office 18331 State Road 331 Tippecanoe, Ind. Mondays 6:00PM-9:00PM 574-952-0693 (PICK UP SITE ONLY)