Shannon Litton, Multimedia Journalist
Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to learn a little bit about me! I was born in Connecticut, but raised in Lima, Peru until I was 11 years old. Shortly after turning 11, my parents, my little sister, and I moved to southeastern Ohio.
I discovered my passion for broadcast journalism thanks to Nicole Kraft, Bryant Somerville, and Bethany Barker, so a giant shout out to them! I graduated from The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!) in May of 2018 and am so excited to begin my career reporting in Michiana! While I was at Ohio State, I worked for the student-run news station, The Lantern TV.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my little sister, who is definitely my mini-me. We are very much alike, and she is my pride and joy! I also enjoy spending time with the rest of my family, my friends, and binge watching comedy specials.
If you ever see me in public, please feel free to come up and say hello! I absolutely love meeting the viewers I work for! You can also keep up with me on Twitter and Facebook... and if you have a story idea, don’t hesitate sharing it with me!
Articles by Shannon Litton
- Harness racing, tractor pulling among events at Elkhart County Fair
- New food options at Elkhart County Fair
- Keeping animals, people safe at the fair
- Notre Dame Women's Basketball wins 'Best Play' at ESPYs
- New details in death of Christina Woods
- Park arson investigation underway
- 11-year-old girl poked by a needle at Walnut Park in Goshen
- AmeriCorps team to help Elkhart Environmental Center
- Bristol Fire Department gets new ambulance, aerial fire truck
- Greene Township residents want to secede from South Bend School Corporation
- New residential housing unit, new Martin's supermarket coming to Elkhart
- Judge Barrett's neighbors and colleagues on why Barrett would've been right for Supreme Court
- Replica police badge stolen from late Chief Branson's grave
- Bullet goes through house, hits teenage boy
- Nappanee celebrates Fourth of July with parade, fireworks
- Jose Miller named Goshen Chief of Police
- Community leaders and victim's grandmother call for end to violence
- Fair organizers and fair goers share tips for people and animals to stay cool
- St. Joseph County Parks holds public meeting in hopes to improve parks
- PETA offering reward for help in geese-killing case
- South Bend residents on edge after lawn equipment thefts
- Remembering the life of Chief Wade Branson
- Council of Aging needs volunteers
- Elkhart prepares to host Elkhart Jazz Festival this weekend