Marisa Oberle, Multimedia Journalist
Hi everyone-- Thanks for clicking on my name to learn a bit more about me!
I joined ABC57 News in January 2018. I could not be more excited to start my reporting career in South Bend.
I’m a proud alumna of the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. I graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism in December 2017. I also have specializations in marketing and management.
During my time at Ohio University, I worked for WOUB-TV. At WOUB, I reported, anchored, and produced for the station’s noon and evening newscasts. I also completed reporting internships at WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio, WISH-TV in Indianapolis, Indiana, and WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio during my undergraduate career.
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. With that being said, I’m very proud to call myself a “Yinzer”-- I love anything made out of steel or colored black and gold. The people I grew up around sparked my interest in journalism. The people of Pittsburgh have a certain “color” to them, and I loved listening, reading, and watching each person’s story.
With that being said, I think each person has a unique story that deserves to be told. I love telling stories in a way that allows me to establish a relationship and connect with each viewer. I want to know what viewers, meaning you, want to see. What do you care about? If you want to share, please send me an email at email@example.com, message me on Facebook or Twitter! Feel free to reach out to me if you just want to say hello as well!
Outside of work, I love to travel. I’m excited to visit the beaches in Southwest Michigan! I’m also passionate about healthy eating and exercising, so you can probably find me cooking or lifting.
Articles by Marisa Oberle
- Neighbors, local politicians speak out about third teenage shooting this year
- New president at Goshen College discusses plan for future
- Piles of snow, snow covered cars causing traffic problems in some parts of South Bend
- Cass County Jail in need of new HVAC system
- Snow teaching children life lessons
- Dowagiac artist's work celebrates Black History Month
- Man charged with attempted murder and battery for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old boy
- South Bend, Elkhart, Mishawaka listed as some of the least safe cities in Indiana
- Snowy weather listed as another reason not to drink and drive this Super Bowl Sunday
- Local robotics team advocating for Michigan Senate bill
- Three Rivers Police Department warning of suspicious men
- Volunteer raising money to help women's homeless shelter
- Local organization gives advice on how to protect children from abuse