Emily Evans, Anchor
Emily Evans co-anchors the weekday morning newscast from 4:30 a.m to 7 a.m. on ABC 57 and from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the CW 25 with Drew Gardner. Outside of her duties as a morning anchor, Emily enjoys reporting on Notre Dame athletics, including football and men's and women's basketball.
She first joined ABC 57 as a Multimedia Journalist in June 2013 before she transitioned into a full-time role as an anchor. During her time as an MMJ, she's covered countless stories across Michiana and at the University of Notre Dame. Emily also shared dozens of reports that advocate for the people of northern Indiana and southwest Michigan, from severe weather coverage to health or crime alerts that help keep you and your family safe.
She previously worked in radio, at WPKO-FM and WBLL-AM as a local news reporter and anchor in Bellefontaine, Ohio. There, she covered news, weather and sports in Logan and Champaign counties.
Emily got her start in television news at WOUB-TV in Athens, Ohio where she worked as a reporter shooting, writing and editing local news stories for the station's evening newscast, Newswatch. She also anchored Newswatch, a 30-minute, live newscast that covered news throughout southeast Ohio and the Appalachian region during her time at WOUB.
Emily is a Midwest girl and proud of it. She was born and raised in Ohio, and attended Ohio University where she graduated from the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. She majored in Broadcast Journalism and minored in History.
During her time at Ohio University, Emily interned for Central Ohio's News Leader, 10TV News in Columbus, Ohio. There she learned the importance of quality and balanced journalism, as well as making breaking news coverage the top priority.
She says her favorite stories are the ones that teach viewers something new about their community that they didn't know before. She also enjoys sharing stories that bring awareness to social issues and that help change lives for the better. Emily is committed to making a difference here in Michiana and finding and telling the stories in our community that matter to you.
Emily is proud to call Michiana home and is excited to be part of this great community. If she's not rooting on the Fighting Irish in her free time, you may find Emily enjoying the outdoors with a run on the riverwalk or exploring the great places to eat in the area with friends.
Articles by Emily Evans
- Made In Michiana: Poly Electronics
- Notre Dame students a huge part of university sustainability efforts
- Helping your kids earn college scholarships as early as kindergarten
- Voters in St. Joseph County greeted by long lines on Election Day
- Made in Michiana: Zen Cafe
- Made in Michiana: The Imagination Spot
- Former Fighting Irish player makes it his mission to give back through Acts of Service
- Made In Michiana: Ali On The Boulevard
- Notre Dame Residential Life provides unique experience to students
- Notre Dame Ushers keep university's history alive through stadium tours
- South Bend Woodworks creates unique Notre Dame merchandise
- Old Bag Factory welcomes array of new businesses
- Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood add star power to Carter Work Project
- Gretchen Carlson discusses changes at Miss America Organization
- Made in Michiana: Rocket Science Ice Cream
- Made in Michiana: Furrion
- Made in Michiana: The Savory Kernel
- High Cost Cure: How to be sure you aren't paying too much for prescriptions
- Over 200 new items added to the South Bend Cubs Den store
- SWAT situation on Chestnut Street resolved, suspect in custody
- Made in Michiana: Hoosier Shrimp Farm
- Made in Michiana: Valley Screen
- 20/20 takes in-depth look at horrors faced by 13 siblings held captive in California
- Mishawaka children's book author set to host book signings
- A Look Back at 2017: the Delphi Murders
- Made in Michiana: Bendix Coffee
- Northern Indiana Hispanic Health Coalition to host first futsal tournament
- Made in Michiana: Eagle Mold and Tool
- ABC57 explores 'stranger things' of South Bend
- Ivy Tech Community College announces new partnership with Bellevue University
- Michiana man heads to Houston with necessities for flood victims
- Elkhart Co. native wins Mrs. America 2018 crown in Las Vegas
- Elkhart native Mrs. Indiana heads to Las Vegas to compete for national crown
- Trump confirms he is being investigated over Comey firing
- The third annual Superheroes for Belly Buttons run set to kick off Saturday
- Made in Michiana: Laney Family Honey Co.
- Kelly Cares Foundation awards grants to 3 groups, including Center for the Homeless
- Made in Michiana: The Chocolate Garden
- Elkhart Community Schools implement plan to deal with landfill fire
- Landfill fire continues to burn, black smoke and flames visible
- Made in Michiana: s.a.l.t. sisters
- Made in Michiana: Goertzen's Pottery
- How to navigate your investments under the Trump administration
- Berlin Christmas market attack suspect killed in Milan shootout
- Malta hijackers surrender after releasing Libyan airliner passengers
- Pedestrian killed in hit and run on CR 11 identified
- Made in Michiana: Claeys Candy
- Made in Michiana: YouTheFan
- South Bend Center for the Homeless hosts first Lipsync with our Stars
- Two Iowa police officers shot and killed in ambush attack
- Michigan State Police arrest man who barricaded himself inside his home
- Car strikes pedestrian in South Bend hit and run
- Financial Focus: managing Open Enrollment Season
- Financial Focus: Avoiding Frightful Investment Moves
- Berrien Co. court worker headed to court to be arraigned on felony charges
- Third week in October declared National Save for Retirement week
- Diabetic Alert Dog helps New Paris family with Type 1 Diabetes
- Northern Indiana JDRF to host annual One Walk, Michiana Sunday
- Northern Indiana JDRF to host annual One Walk, Michiana Sunday
- Roy Saenz resigns as St. Joseph Co. GOP Chairman
- Elkhart boy not giving up fight against brain cancer
- Republican National Convention draws to a close
- Indiana Governor Mike Pence introduces Donald Trump at Westfield rally
- UPDATE: Courthouse shooting press conference 7 a.m.
- Fire breaks out at Wakarusa dairy farm
- Young girl dies in early morning house fire
- Made in Michiana: Cow Chips
- Made in Michiana: Brimar Wood
- Made in Michiana: Jamil Packaging
- Made in Michiana: Hoosier Bat Company
- Made in Michiana: J&B Boards
- Rochester firefighter saves family of six from burning home
- Saint Joseph High School students receive H&R Block grant
- The Irish finish 2014 season December 30: a year full of ups and downs
- Team IMPACT makes a difference right here in Michiana
- Music City Bowl preview: Notre Dame looks to Zaire and Golson to defeat LSU
- Will former San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh make a return to Michigan?
- Diabetic Alert Dog helps Elkhart teen cope with type 1 diabetes
- 57 Minute Miracle: Mishawaka Family
- 57 Minute Miracle: Bremen mom