Clifton French, Investigative reporter/Anchor
Clifton is an award winning journalist, Iraq War veteran, proud father and native Hoosier. He joined the ABC57 team in March 2018 and is thrilled to be back in Michiana.
Clifton started his career as a Multimedia Journalist at WSBT in 2009. After a few years, he took a job as an Anchor and Reporter for the NBC and ABC duopoly in Fort Myers, Florida. From there, he took a job as a reporter for the ABC affiliate in Tampa, Florida. In Tampa, Clifton was responsible for covering the Tampa Police Department, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI, the ATF, the Department of Homeland Security, MacDill Air Force Base, US Central Command and US Special Operations Command. Clifton has covered national stories including the 2017 Tampa serial killer, the Pulse Night Club shooting and Hurricane Irma to name a few. Clifton also traveled to the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for special coverage.
Prior to starting a career in journalism, Clifton was a decorated Army Veteran. He was deployed on Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005-2006. While in Iraq, Clifton received multiple awards including a medal with Valor for “displaying unwavering courage in the midst of enemy fire,” and the Combat Action Badge.
“If there’s one thing the war taught me, it’s not to be scared of anything.” Clifton says.
As an investigative reporter, Clifton believes it is his duty to hold the powerful accountable.
Clifton is also the proud father of a son with Down syndrome and the lucky husband of an elementary school teacher.
If you need to reach Clifton for any story ideas or investigations, you can send him an email at email@example.com. You can also call Clifton’s cell phone at (574) 440-4433.
Articles by Clifton French
- Bishop Rhoades to publicly name local predator priests
- Bishop Rhoades responds to report of child abuse in PA
- Tim Corbett speaks out about Police Tapes controversy
- Goshen car dealer under investigation by state
- 85-year-old woman says she was duped by cemetery
- Dash cam shows officer running over suspect
- Woman says she was scammed by company found in classifieds
- Body cam shows prank gone wrong with former SBPD cop, brother of Chief
- Family of teen killed by falling basketball hoop files lawsuit
- UPDATE: Facebook post led to BH officer firing, charges
- Benton Harbor cop fired, charged with assault
- Man stabbed while confronting burglar in South Bend
- Man shot after allegedly attacking SBPD officer, arrested for threatening another cop
- Hundreds of stolen guns on the streets of South Bend
- Police investigate real estate fraud posted on Trulia
- New criminal rule could cause violent criminals to be released from jail
- Orchards Mall shut down amid delinquent utility bills
- Parents say school didn't give child medical attention after 5-year-old broke arm
- Crews work to fix flooding problems after ABC57 investigative report
- Berrien County residents look for answers to constant flooding
- Police search for man who exposed himself, attacked woman mowing lawn
- Real Time Investigation: Who Killed James Miller; The Killer
- Who Killed James Miller: Episode 4 - May 20, 2018
- Real Time Investigation: Who Killed James Miller, The Challenges
- Who Killed James Miller: Episode 3 - May 13, 2018
- Real Time Investigation: Who Killed James Miller, Part 3
- SBPD Investigates multiple overnight shootings
- Who Killed James Miller: Episode 2 - May 6, 2018
- Real time investigation: Who killed James Miller? The sketch and person of interest
- Police investigate multiple potential arsons
- Conviction overturned because ISIS used by prosecution could go to state supreme court
- Who Killed James Miller: Episode 1 - April 29, 2018
- Real time investigation: Who killed James Miller, Part 1
- Man beaten, bound, locked in closet during South Bend home invasion
- ABC 57 Investigates rising car thefts in South Bend and St. Joe County
- Miguel Rosales' murder trial continued again